Selecting the Wrong Team to Build Your Membership Site Means Missing Out Critical Features You Need to Succeed
Five years ago I was a highly trained programmer wanting to learn how to build a membership website. I had years of Wordpress website building experience. I have a Masters Degree in Computer Science. I was (and still am) extremely technical.
I have to be honest with you. I was overwhelmed by what it would take to build one.
I was very fortunate to have met a mentor that had extensive membership and online course site building experience. He agreed to teach me. He walked me through the steps he had followed many, many times before. He showed me the best practices to use. In a few months, I had what would have taken me years to figure out on my own.
His expertise kept me from spending time I didn't have and from facing the delays that come when you are doing things yourself the very first time. It also taught me best practices which I never would have gotten without learning from someone with real hands on experience.
My team and I build 3 to 4 membership / online course sites a month. We've developed our own best practices and a have a set process for building these sites. We have the experience and we'll put that to work for you. We'll include features in your membership / online courses site you may NOT have even known you needed.
Take a look at our secret sauce features below. Once you see these, you'll say,
"How would I have gotten by without this?"
Let us get this done for you right . . .THE FIRST TIME!
The Larry Jacob
Incredibly Powerful Membership / Online Course Website
Get the Standard Membership Features You Will ABSOLUTELY Need
- A Memberium / LearnDash membership / online course website with three membership levels. This will hold three separate courses, content sections or three of whatever it is you offer your members. If you only need one, don't worry. We'll set these up and hide 'em so they are ready to use when you do need them.
- Professional looking and attractively formatted page layouts for displaying videos, images, copy and other materials on your individual content pages. All this is done securely, of course, so prying eyes don't get at it.
- A professionally formatted LearnDash course layout making use of the optimal Memberium/Keap/LearnDash features for selling, giving access and learning from your site.
- We'll build the Keap powerd opt-in forms or order forms you'll need to give your members access. Opt-in forms will give access to a lead magnet or any free offer you make available as part of your customer sales journey. Order forms get set up for selling your paid content. These can be configured to accept one-time payments with or without payment plans, promo codes, recurring payment subscriptions and other standard e-commerce features offered by Keap. Tell us what you need. We'll set it up for you. (This does NOT include writing the copy you will need for these pages.)
- A Keap new member welcome campaign, sending out introductory email messages, delivering login credentials and providing autologin links (optional) for easy, no hassle access to your our course content.
- A My Accounts page where members can update their name, address, phone number, etc. They can update their passwords. This is where they'll update credit/debit cards used for recurring payment subscriptions. It will also provide them access to a statement showing all their purchases with, of course, cancellation buttons. We hate it when they leave, but you'll want to provide an easy-to-follow path for them to cancel their membership. (Read more on this below.)
- A contact us page enabling members to contact you or your team members to ask questions, provide feedback or send you comments. This will be implemented as an Infusionsoft campaign web form.
- If your site includes online courses, and Memberium and LearnDash are perfect for that sort of thing, we will configure LearnDash so the courses you publishing in your environment make use of all the feature a well-build Learning Management Tool (LMS) like LearnDash has to offer.
Make that Perfect First Impression with the Right Visual Design
(You must look your best!)
- A professionally designed and visually appealing Wordpress membership website design. The site will be designed to match your existing logo, color scheme and business look and feel.
- Your members arrive at the home page that displays a promotional banner with a fully functioning login form with a Remember Me checkbox and a "forgot password" link in case they can't remember how to login.
- A top of site navigation bar providing menu access to your home page, membership content areas, and online courses, My Account and Contact Us pages. This menu will change dynamically so members can get to their content. Clicks by non-members will take them to a sales page where they can learn more your offer and purchase the item. (It's all about up-selling here.)
- A highly functioning dashboard welcoming members after they log in. This can be configured to include videos, images and copy to meet your needs. This where your members select links that get them to the content they purchased.
Bonus Secret Sauce Stuff We've Decided to Include
(You didn't even know you needed this stuff.)
- Dashboard selectors are configured to display a ghosted image (usually in grey or with a padlock icon) for members that don't have access. We call this the forbidden fruit tease. We dangle it out there for them to see. Clicking these links will take members to a corresponding sales page where they can learn more and purchase the item.
- Another option, that's very effective four course heavy sites, is a dashboard with a list of all the courses the member can access followed by a list of all the other available courses the member can purchase. You want them constantly remind them of the additional course offerings you have so they have easy access to additional items they can purchase
- A Keap customer service campaign administrators can use to give and remove access. This is a must for anyone wanting an easy-to-use customer service interfaces. We want to give you an effortless membership site management experience.
- For recurring payment subscription, you'll want automated expiring credit card and declined credit card handlers. Using Keap billing automation, we'll make sure the system sends reminders when a card will soon expire. We'll set up handlers to message your members when/if their card gets declined. These messages will have links to forms members can use to correct the issue with no manual intervention required by your team. Our goal is to automate as much of the collection process as possible.
We Can Use Your Infrastructure or Set It Up for You
- You're going to need website hosting (duh!). If you already have hosting that supports Memberium and LearnDash, we'll get it configured for you. If you don't, we'll set you up with our recommended provider WPEngine. Their service starts at $20 a month for a single site. (Ask us so we can share with you why we host our own sites on WPEngine.) We will use our affiliate link and make a small fee from the sale. We do want to make sure you get you super performance, security, 24/7 support and high reliability.
- We'll configure your DNS so your domain (that's your www name) brings up the site we build for you. We'll handle all these difficult configuration steps. If you don't have a domain, we'll show you how to get one. A new domain will run you $15 a year.
- You're going to need Memberium, of course. All the work to configure Memberium is 100% included. The license is not. If you have a license, we'll put that to use. If not, we'll ask for a credit card so we can purchase it for you. We'll use our affiliate link to get it for you at their published price.
This Is the ONLY Thing We'll Need from You
- We can add all your content for you or we can train you and your team members to add it yourself. We take a representative number of pages in each membership level and we configure it for you. Our goal is to show you how to assemble a page using the very attractive visual layout we've created for you. Adding mountains of content for each of your three membership levels then is something we discuss and put a plan in place for getting that completed for you. (If your site requires an extensive amount of content, we will provide you with a separate quote hiring our virtual assistant team to get that content uploaded and working for you.)
- We can assist with copy writing, graphic design, image selection from stock photo libraries and video production. We will quote this separately.
- Your plan for making your free and paid content available on the site. How much will your charge? Is it a pay once get access forever or will you offer it up as a subscription that stops when a member stops paying? We can definitely coach and consult with you on the approach that works best? That would be quote separately.
- Video hosting. If you have video content, you have to host it some where. Our recommended platform is Vimeo. It makes it easy for you to upload content going forward and is completely secure using best practices. You'll find their pricing very reasonable.
Get Your Incredibly Powerful Membership / Online Course Website
Here's what our satisfied customer have to say...
The comprehensive approach used by these guys to build membership sites, along with the best practices they recommend, are extremely helpful for those new to the process. They've kept us from heading in the wrong direction time and time again. Grateful for Jorge and the team!
MinistryVentures.org, Alpharetta, GA
As a partner focused on working with clients to build their business, we rely on Jorge and his team for membership website work. They know Memberium, Infusionsoft and have best practices that keep us looking like pros. We give it to them and just forget about it. It couldn't be easier and I can't recommend anyone more!
Misyte, CEO, Statesboro, GA